Birthday Procedures for Liberty Lions,
Students love to celebrate birthdays at school, as it is a memorable time to share with teachers and friends. Teachers honor children in the classroom on their special day in a variety of ways. In an effort to abide by the USDA Smart Snack Guidelines and to maximize instructional time, we are asking all parents to follow these simple guidelines when planning for your child's birthday celebration at school.
- Bring in non-food items for classmates such pencils, erasers, bookmarks, etc...
- Donate an educational game or book for your child's classroom.
- Donate a ball or jump rope (new or used) to the classroom for recess.
- Healthy individually wrapped snacks (must provide enough for every students in class).
- Provide "goodie" bags for each classmate which can be distributed and taken home at the end of the day.
Students may bring in store bought food items for birthday celebrations 10 minutes before school dismissal!
Each snack MUST be healthy in nature and individually wrapped for each student (small bag of pretzels, apples, yogurt, etc...) This will also assist in helping our students with extreme allergies to be safe at all times. We appreciate your help with this matter. Liberty feels strongly that by following these guidelines, we are promoting a healthy lifestyle and maximizing student learning!
Thanks for helping ALL Liberty Lion students become healthy!!!!